ENJOY!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Bestfriend's Wedding...

Sunday, October 10, 2010 (yep, 10/10/10), my best friend got married. finally.

Me and Shea-baby relaxing pre-ceremony.

They've been together and in love for 8 years. Jake professed his love for her and gave her a promise ring several years ago. To outsiders, this ring looked exactly like a wedding set. A total of 3 karats!!

I remember being at work one day admiring it and then the next day it was gone. Shea said Jake had taken it to have something done and he would bring it back soon. A light went off in my head and I couldn't help but be overly excited for her! I knew what he was doing and she had a feeling he was, but she didn't want to get her hopes up. Two and a half weeks later, she showed up with an engagement ring that put those 3 karats to shame (and it was smaller). He had her promise ring taken apart and made into not only a necklace, but matching earrings.

About 8 months ago, they bought a house together and have started to really settle in and make it their own. Around knee surgery, moving, losing her grandmother, and adjusting from working fulltime to being a stay at home, she planned this wedding. And she did a FANTASTIC job!
From every little detail, she made sure it was personal and warm.
The wedding party enjoyed helping decorate before the wedding, relaxing and stressing (of course) while getting ready, and dancing the night away together! The date, the time, the venue, the dresses, the tuxes, the flowers....I could go on forever...was perfect!
I love these two people like they are part of my family and I have come to love each person in their family as well.
I can't imagine my life without Shea-baby and Jake and I'm so happy for them and so very proud of them! I love you two more than you know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment