ENJOY!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

doctor visit

Yesterday afternoon we made our first trek to the doctor's office in quite some time. Mahlon had to get a few shots and we had to get his "blue slip" for daycare.
They found the toys!
It had been so long since we've been in to Coosa Valley Pediatrics that Mrs. Sonya couldn't believe how much the kids had grown! Last time we were there, Mahlon wasn't even walking yet! That's wonderful if you remember how many times we WERE there within the first 9 months of his life! Mahlon has never been one for letting momma put him down so the nurses can poke on him, but he was a big boy yesterday. After a few pushes and slaps (on his part, not mine!), he let Mrs. Sonya check him out. The whole time Mrs. Sonya and I were trying to control Mahlon, check his temperature and get his length, Sammie was in the back saying "Mrs. Sonya, I want a sticker. Mrs. Sonya, can I have a sticker. Mrs. Sonya, can I have FOUR stickers, I'm four years old. Mrs. Sonya, how about FIVE, I'm almost five." Bless that little girl Since Mahlon is a big boy now, he gets to sit up on the scale. No more laying down for him! He weighed a whopping 24 lbs 3.8 oz! Whoa big boy! (or so I thought!)

Dr. Sawyer is out on maternity leave, which really disappointed Sammie (she loves Dr. Sawyer). So, we got to visit with Dr. Hardy for the first time yesterday. Honestly, I think I have found the best doctor's office EVER! How can you get not one, but TWO doctors in the same office that are absolutely wonderful!? Mrs. Sonya brought Sammie FIVE stickers! So, while Dr. Hardy was talking to me and going over what shots Mahlon would get when and why, Sammie was playing school in the window seal and the stickers were the students homework. She stuck a few of the stickers to her knee and started crying because she wanted them off, but didn't want it to hurt. Without hesitation, I grabbed and ripped it off. Oh, how the drama ensued! Bless Dr. Hardy, he got the full on effect with my kids yesterday! We found out that Mahlon was in the 75th percentile with his height (I didn't get the exact measurement), but he's below the 50th percentile in his weight. The weight thing really isn't an issue yet. He said that we wouldn't worry with it unless this trend continues. I don't know how he's under that, the boy eats ALL. THE. TIME! Mahlon had to get three shots yesterday. Two in the left leg and one in the right. I was laying over him holding both hands and the other leg trying to keep him still without scaring him. I guess you could say, it KIND OF worked. He was still kicking Mrs. Sonya with his opposite leg and bless her, she was trying to focus on getting the needles in and out really fast and Sammie was right beside her..."Mrs. Sonya, thank you for my stickers. Thank you for giving me five, because I'll be five next December 13th Right after Mrs. Sonya finished up and left the room, Sammie decided she was tired of the stickers. (WHAT!?!?) I convinced her not to throw them in the garbage, so look where she decided to put them instead...

I hope we're not the only family that is that much of a handful in the doctors office!

Sammie pretending to be Dr. Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment