ENJOY!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Innocent Prayers

After much consideration on what would be my first "blog topic", I went with an event that happened last night.
My beautiful 4 year-old daughter did the most amazing and humbling thing last night at dinner. She said her first "grace".
Now, I know you're not supposed to peek around when you're praying, but I couldn't help it! (I caught Matt watching her as well, and Mahlon..well, Mahlon was already half way through with his corn dog!) She bowed her head, put her hands together and began to speak in that sweet, loving, and tender voice..."Dear Jesus, thank you for today, thank you for this food, thank you for all the things we love and like, take care of us, in name, Amen".
Wow! What emotions flew over me! I couldn't help but snicker in amazement because it is evident that my baby girl loves the Lord! I wanted to cry because I know that she knows the Lord and she knows that we should be talking to Him constantly and thanking Him for everything that He does and for everything that He has given us!
It reminded me that THAT is how we are supposed to pray! Like innocent children!! We may not always know exactly what to say and we may feel silly at times, but to Him..we aren't silly, we are wonderfully, beautifully, and remarkably made! And even when we don't know what to say, the Lord knows what's on our hearts. So, here's my promise..from now on, I will be praying just like an innocent child!
Keep us in your prayers that we will continue to grow in the Lord and that my sweet Sammie will continue to love Him as much as she does now. Pray that my boys will love Him just as much as we do!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome is that? Even though your heart filled with emotion and pride, can imagine how God felt? That is great stuff. You have a wonderful beautiful DIVA daughter.

    ReplyDelete