ENJOY!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gammie Time

Saturday night, the kids and I went to see Gammie. Oh, how we needed this! I love my mommie so much and I hate not getting to see her all of the time! Saturday was the first time I've seen her since the 4th of July, so it was long overdue!

When mom got home, we had pizza (which Mahlon snatched off the counter and destroyed the toppings! ha), talked for a little bit and then headed down to Aunt Didder's! I hadn't seen my aunt and her family in almost a year and it was so nice to see them! I can't believe how fast time is flying by!!
When we got there, my little cousin, Brooke, came outside and she had makeup on and she was so pretty (always has been, but now, she's grown up). She just started the 8th grade..oh my geez! She didn't break my heart as bad as Jesse did.
Jesse was my first first cousin on my mom's side of the family and we have always been close. I remember his first birthday party like it was yesterday (I know you guys hear me say that all the time). Although I'm not exactly sure what the place was, I remember being in the back of a truck riding through some sort of zoo and getting rained on. I remember someone passing Jesse through the sliding glass window so he wouldn't get wet. I remember getting back to the picnic area and there being a gift shop. Daddy bought me a squeaking...shark, I think it was. I remember sitting down for cake and having our party hats on. Josh thought it was funny to put his hat on his face and make Jesse laugh. Jesse thought it was funny to pull the hat and snap him in the nose! And now...now, Jesse just started his senior year in high school....he'll be 18 this year!!!! I knew he was all grown up, but like I said it had been almost a year since I had seen them and from seeing him to hearing him speak, I knew time was flying by!
Jen, mommie, Sammie, Mahlon, Brooke, Carli (Brooke's friend) and I went swimming around 9:30 Saturday night and had a blast. Mahlon loved being passed around and playing ball and Sammie loved climbing off the steps. (Aunt Jen's pool is different from ours, so this was a new experience for the kids) We swam for about an hour and then hung out for another 30 minutes or so. Once we headed back up to mom's I thought for sure the kids would crash....yeah, I was wrong. My kids stayed awake until 1:30!!! And of course, in usual Mahlon fashion, he woke up at 5:30...ugh.
Sunday was spent goofing off. The kids watched some movies and watched some Hulu.
They loved when Gammie and I would throw them up on our feet and hold them way up in the air (but what kid doesn't?!) Sammie loved it when Gammie did this...

Hooray for Gammie Time!! We shall do this again soon! With more pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment