ENJOY!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Meltdownless

This morning was one of the first in a LONG time that one of my kids didn't have a complete meltdown! Praise the Lord!!
Even still, it took me at least 20 minutes to get Sammie out of the bed (yes, mother, I understand where she gets that from:). Mahlon's not so much a problem as he wakes up at the crack of dawn!
Sammie got something from Nana over the weekend that has become attached to her almost like glue. As soon as she wakes up, she wants them on and she doesn't want to take them off until she's climbing in the bed. So in an effort to make things go smoothly this morning, I tried to plan her outfit around them.....here's my mini Taylor...(Swift)...
Mahlon, he doesn't care what he wears...he would rather go naked if I would let him. He looks rather handsome though, don't you think? We took these kids to LaCosta for dinner last night (upon Sammie's request) and as usual, they were a mess. Fairly well behaved for the first 5 or 10 minutes, but as soon as they spotted the McLain's, it was over! Mahlon insisted that he scream and shout and sit behind Andrew. Bless his heart, after Mahlon got ketchup all over Matt's shirt, Andrew was on the edge of his seat trying to avoid it! Sammie wasn't going to be out done by Mahlon, so she talked loudly and laughed at EVERYTHING! They're such hams! I did send Mrs. Jaime (as Sammie calls her) an email this morning and apologize for them! They wouldn't let them eat their dinner in peace! :) As we were leaving Sammie looked up at me and said "Momma, can I go tell Mrs. Jaime, PawPaw Paul (yep, she said it), and Brandon's brother bye?" After a snicker or two, I told her of course...but once she got over there, she chickened out! She had me tell them bye...only I forgot to tell Paul what she called him!! Hopefully I'll remember next time! :)
It's finally College Football week!!! I'm being the wonderful little sister that I am and sucking it up and ordering the Alabama game on PPV for my wonderfully awesome brother that is coming to town! Stay tuned for pictures and no doubt great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment