ENJOY!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dove Hunt

Labor Day weekend was full of fun for our family!
The fun kicked off on Saturday morning when Matt, Mason, and I went dove hunting in Coosa County. There's really not much "hunting" invovled. Basically, you sit in a field and wait for the birds to fly and when you hear everyone screaming "bird! bird!", you start shooting.

This was my third adventure dove hunting with Matt, but only my second to shoot. The last time (and first time shooting) I went was while I was pregnant with Mahlon and killed 5! So, of course, being the competitor that I am, I wanted to beat that this year. No such luck, I walked away with 4 and a nice bruise on my arm. Oh well, it was still fun.
Hunting is something that Matt and I enjoy and it makes it even better when we get to do it together. It was so nice to spend some quality time together doing something that makes us happy. (Yes, I realize how horrible it sounds that killing something makes us happy, but I promise, I didn't mean it that way:)
While most of the birds either flew over our heads from the back or didn't quite make it to us (some people were better shooters than others), we ended up with 13. We didn't make the limit for one person, but we had enough for dinner last night! :)
Mason loved chasing the birds down once they were shot and if they weren't dead yet, he finished them off with his BB gun. He also enjoyed playing with his "cover". (The limb that Matt shot out of the tree). He was so well behaved and I think he had a blast!

I'm looking forward to more hunting trips with my husband this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment