ENJOY!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bad Notes

Does this face look like he could possibly be mean!? No, it doesnt. He looks absolutely precious and sweet right?
Well, take a look at the next one....
This is the REAL Mahlon. Ready to pounce on anything that makes him jealous. Seriously.
Last night while Matt and I were cleaning, I went to put away the kids lunchboxes and noticed a note in between them. I knew that I had already received their note about the Valentine's party and I knew that I still hadn't bought Kleenex for them, but that had only been a few days. As I pulled it out and noticed the "Behavioral Report" at the top, I thought 'oh goodness', but I let out a stern "MAHLON!". He came running, "huh? huh momma?" After thoroughly reading the report, I learned something that I already knew, Mahlon's jealous. Not only of his momma, but of anyone he cares about.
There's a little boy at daycare who is younger and of course, smaller than Mahlon. I thought they were getting along great from what Sammie would tell me. Should've known better. (Wonder if they'll cover for each other like this once they get older?? Lord, help me.) The note said that Mahlon had scratched the boys face and taken all of his toys. It didn't end there...it also said that Mahlon had colored all over the table, the chair, and the windows. Goodness gracious that boy!
This morning when I dropped them off, I asked the teacher about the whole situation. Apparently, Mahlon got the boy pretty good. She said he had two marks down his face. Poor baby. She also said that the mother of this boy had a total of 6 kids (Lord, help HER!) and was very understanding that things like this happen. Still didn't make me feel any better. I don't want to be known as the mother of the mean kid who torments their children!
The teacher also informed me that every time the little boy would come near her, Mahlon would pitch a fit and scream at her. He loves his teacher, but he wants to be the only one she loves. Kind of like he does with his momma and sissy.
Matt and I repeatedly told Mahlon last night that he had to be sweet to the little boy and not be mean. We are also telling him when he's being mean to sissy or anyone else that he needs to apologize and be a sweet boy. This morning as soon as he crawled in the bed with sissy, he slapped her. (seriously, Mahlon?! it's 7 o'clock!) I reprimanded him and told him he had to be a sweet boy. He curled up next to her, kissed her, hugged her, and said "Sorry sissy".
We're working on the stealing toys and respecting furniture and personal belongings as well, but I'm sure as with everything else that this will take time. But how much time??

Boys will be boys, I guess. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment