ENJOY!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Joshua Mahlon Myers..

was born two years ago today. At 5:35 p.m. to be precise. He didn't wait near as long as Sammie, but that little boy sure didn't want to come out! Once they got me admitted, they did the ultrasound to see where he was....he was all the way up in my ribs. Almost like he was hiding and not wanting to let go of his mommy. =)
From the moment I saw him, I was in love. Even after months of fear of having a little boy. He still loves his mommy as much as he did when I was pregnant and doesn't like to let go of me. That's ok with me because it makes my heart smile. Even though it's only been two years, it seems like he has been part of our family forever.
This morning once he woke up, I did what I normally wouldn't do, but because it was his birthday....
he got a cupcake for breakfast!
Following suit from Sammie's birthday post, I will tell you a few things I love about this boy in a bullet post:
  • his blonde hair
  • those big blue eyes
  • those precious pouty lips
  • the closed eye, showing all his teeth smile (see above picture!)
  • his precious heart
  • the love he has for his mommy and daddy
  • the sweetness of his "love you, momma"
  • his big squeezes at bedtime and byebye time
  • how he gives me all of his kisses (each cheek, forehead, nose, chin, and lips)
  • watching him love on his 'sissy'
  • how mischievous he is (even if it does get him in trouble)
  • how he snorts when he laughs
  • how he loves for me to hold him like a baby and sing "rock a bye baby" and once it gets to the end of the song, I drop him on the bed like he's falling out of the tree
  • how he calls his hot dog, his "hot diggity dog"
  • how he loves to stand at the door and watch the garbage truck and every time he sees him he says, "oh wow"
  • he never wants to stop, but once he does, he's out
  • watching him play with Anheiser like he's bigger than him
  • watching him play with his Uncle John Morgan, who just happens to be 6 months YOUNGER than him. :)

There are so many more things about this boy that I could list, but I'll just let them soak in my mind and heart today (and every other day). I pray that Mahlon will grow up to be a strong, loving, independent, and Godly man. I wouldn't mind if he was a mixture of all the men in our lives.

Happy Birthday sweet Mahlon! I love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment