ENJOY!

Friday, March 4, 2011

I've got mine..

I was reading a blog yesterday that I try to read daily and came across this little paragraph that made me smile..

..."We look for that ONE guy out there to fulfill all of our needs, right? One person. He’ll be strong and sensitive, he’ll smell good and he’ll listen, he’ll be funny and serious. And I’ll never have to ask him to take out the trash: he’ll just read my mind."...

The reason it made me smile is because after everything that we've been through lately I have realized that I have found my "ONE guy"...

He'll be strong-physically (he's got muscles), mentally (well most days=)), and emotionally (he's dealt with certain things better than I have).

and sensitive-our relationship and family means everything to him and when something doesn't go right, he gets his feelings hurt. He cares for people and animals in a way that is so precious to me.
He'll smell good-thanks to Degree deodorant and Axe body wash and spray, he smells pretty darn good. =)

He'll listen-he proved that for Valentine's Day and every day since we've been diligently working on our relationship.

He'll be funny-have you been around my husband? He keeps me laughing almost constantly. And during almost every phone conversation I have with my mother, she says "haha, he's so funny, I just love him". =)

and serious-at the same time that he's funny, he's equally serious. There are issues that he deals with seriously and he definitely takes discplining the kids (and Anheiser) seriously (an area that I do admit I struggle with).

I'll never have to ask him to take out the trash- yep, he does that one on his own. On top of the dishes, picking the kids up from day care, cleaning (sometimes), and cooking dinner (more times than not). All of which I overflow with thankfulness for and admittedly take for granted.
So, you see I do, indeed, have that "ONE guy".

Thank you, Lord, for Matt. He is so precious to me and I cherish everyday that I have with him even though we've both taken too many days the past 6 years for granted, we are learning because of You, how to savor every minute and enjoy everything. (Yes, even our uncleaned home) I am so thankful that You've restored his soul and made him my encouragement to get through situations and even my encourgament to get up and get moving when I don't want to. And while he may not be the most romantic man, You certainly have molded him to be pretty darn close and I thank You for that as well. I pray that we will continue to grow together in You and that we will, together, raise our children to serve You, love You, and to know the love You have for all of us. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Urgh! I hate that I cant figure out the spacing between paragraphs! help!?

    ReplyDelete