ENJOY!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 1..Welcome's and S'mores!

The trip to Josh's started with a bang!
We left on time (per my husband!), but as soon as we crossed the Georgia state line, we were hit with a horrible storm!! Thank the Lord I wasn't driving! I was in the passenger seat gripping all the handles and shaking all over! The rain was coming down so hard that you couldn't see the car in front of you. We were on the interstate running 35 mph! We crossed one bridge and water was fanning up the side of the car, the car infront of us stopped, and an 18 wheeler was flying through the water...I seriously thought we were gone! But, my husband kept his cool and handled everything like a pro!
9 1/2 hours, 4 bathroom breaks, and 2 smoke stops (for my mom) later, we were there!! Well, we were there...no one else was! Josh had to work and Steph was at school so we got to get showers and rest for a little bit. And believe it or not, no one was really an ill butt! yay!!
Josh and Savy got home around 10:30 and it was oh so good to see them!!
Isn't she a beaut!? I love watching these two play together After Steph got home and my grandparents made it, we got ready for supper and s'mores! It was actually nice to finally be the one in the kitchen helping out! Steph and I made hamburgers and Josh cooked them. Talk about a team!? They were yummilicious! Savy Rose and Sammie Grace
Mason Drake and his mohawk!
The first decent picture I've gotten of us in a long time!
Me and Sister Steph
My beautiful mommie
Maw
And I found out how much my Grandy and I look alike!
They look like they are having a very serious conversation
These kiddos were so excited about the s'mores that they couldn't wait until sunset! Thankfully, it was a lot cooler in North Carolina than Alabama.
Yes, that is what it looks like..my child is forcing Savy to look at the camera.. ha!
YuM!
Oh how I missed her!
Yep, that's him...one of the coolest men on the planet!
Look at that dirty face..he was all boy the whole trip!
After s'mores, the night took a very fun turn! Grandy was a little delirious I think, but we enjoyed it a lot! He made up songs about everybody and I provided the knee slapping, foot stomping music. We didn't get pictures of it, but I was initiated into the Little Red Hen Club...Steph almost made it through, but she chickened (no pun intended) out. *More on that later!*
Grandy picking on Josh..it's a spit-hawk
And it actually made for a really good picture
Days 2 and 3 are coming! Stay tuned for some real eye candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment