ENJOY!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Operation Home Improvement Sneak Peak

I thought that instead of keeping all of you in suspense that I would give you a little sneak peak at what's happening and what's going to happen!!
First, here's our master bathroom..the one that I can almost mark off our list!! I realized when I went in there to take these pictures that there are a few other small things that need to be done. As in repairing the holes in the wall where my husband yanked a towel rod off, new cabinet pulls, and of course, dusting. I'm also thinking of adding a curtain on the window and possibly one of those fabric ones on the shower, but I'm still undecided on both of those. I found my mirror today!! We're hopefully going to get it tonight and it should be installed and the paint touched up by this weekend! So, here's a sneak at our ALMOST finished master bathroom...

Didn't those guys do a fabulous job on my floor!?!

Lighting installed by my wonderful husband!

Second up is the next closest room to being done. The boys room!! Soon to be known as Mahlon's room (more on that later). I ordered a bunk bed so there would be enough sleeping room, but still enough playing room. I think it all goes together fairly well. I've still got a few minor things to adjust and re-do. And of course, clean up the wood shavings and cracker crumbs so graciously put there by my husband and my monkey of a son!

The crib will be removed once Mahlon grasps the concept of staying in his bed and not roaming in the middle of the night. We'll try to tackle that this weekend.

Those comforters are reversible (brown on the other side), but I thought I'd do a little contrast for now. I also didn't realize how much fun bunk beds were to make! NOT!

Next is what I plan to do with Sammie's room. I've got big plans for her room! Right now, she has hot pink walls (which we are going to make work!) with white writing on them. We're going to touch that up and just have plain walls...with the exception of one...

This is the wallpaper I'm applying to one wall. You know, the accent wall. =)

Told you they were hot pink!

Yes, we left her bed unmade and left her ice water cup in the window seal this morning..oh well, she's 4!

She's getting all new sheets (lime green)! I got them in the mail today, but didn't have enough time to get them on her bed. She's keeping her pink comforter from Aunt Haley and the colorful pillows that Mrs Kimmie gave her. The wall to the right in this picture is the wall that I'm applying the wallpaper to!

Here's to having fun with prepasted wallpaper! =)

Here's the preview of Mason's new room (remember as of right now the boys share a room). That's right! We're turning this 3 bedroom home into a 4 bedroom!

I think this is going to be a weekend long project with help from a few friends I hope!

I can't believe that I'm actually going to post these pictures of my poor, pitiful den, but you wouldn't have the full effect of the "after" if you didn't get to see the true "before". Don't judge me people! I have 3 kids and a husband to keep up with!

The bed is not going to stay in the middle of the room, we are going to place it against that brick wall you see to the right with the couch on it. That's the backside of the fire place and it's the perfect length for the headboard.

The couch and the loveseat are going to the side of the road, so if you know anyone wanting just some old rinky dink (that's right I said rinky dink) couches, send them by the house!

The shelf that you see all that CRAP piled up on will be cleaned off and all of the crap will be replaced with brown fabric baskets for clothing instead of a clunky dresser. The cooler and toys will be removed and the curtains replaced. I'm excited for the plans for this room!

Since it is a boy moving in to this room, we're going to leave all of the dead animals..sorry, Steph! (my sister-in-law calls it the sanctuary of the dead...yes, a little sick I know, but my husbands a proud hunter and fisherman..better that they're out here than in my kitchen..the living room is already full!)

This room reminds me of one of those "can you find it?" games from when I was in school.

And finally, the one thing that I am the most excited about!!! My new siding and roof. They haven't started yet, but we signed the papers and wrote the first check last night! Shane is hoping to get started Monday!! Here are a couple of "before" pictures...these are after Matt cut all of our remaining bushes down. We decided on a burnished slate color for the roof and a mocha color for the siding..I'm so excited to see the outcome!

Stay tuned for the final reveal!! Coming up soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment